Zundrulf is a Dwarven town sprawling across the break in the mountains forming a ring around the valley of Forgotten Gorgzu. Unless you plan on scaling mountains, traveling through Zundrulf is the only sane way of getting into the Jungle. Its population is several sizes too small for the vine and leaf choked mess of ruins it's become. As such, there is plenty of abandoned stone mansions, great for huge, out of control parties fueled by any number of weird chemicals dredged from the jungle. There is also the more traditional Dwarven ale houses, serving strong drinks to deal with the choking anxiousness and dread that come with witnessing the
collapse of your civilization.
Your an adventurer, you don't have time for misery and reflection, you want to party!
At the start of the adventure/session roll a d6 if you wish to Carouse. You spend whatever you roll times 200 in GP. You also get that much times 100 in XP and have to roll on the d20 table below to see what happens during the night.
If you do not have that much GP, you do not gain any XP. You lose ALL the gold in your possession and must roll a d4 to see which one of the following happens:
Skint Table (D4:)
1) You awake in mud wearing underwear. You've been robbed of all your possessions and don't have the slightest idea of what you did last night.2) You got into a brawl at some point in the evening and took a sizable blow to the head. Not only do you not GAIN any XP, you deduct what ever you would have gained (with enough GP) from your XP total. You also have a black eye for d10 days.
3) You've run up a bill you can't pay. You won't be going adventuring for a while...you have to work your debt off in the kitchens. As such this Character can't play in the current session, they may roll up a new one or play one of the retainers.
4) Not only did you run up a bill you couldn't pay, while inebriated you also did something so offensive, so vile, so despicable that you've been arrested. The penalty is death. You will be hung in a week unless some one pays off the Judge (d6 x 1000 GP). You are detained until further notice or the day of your hanging
Table for a Big Night Out in Zundrulf (d20):
1) You've over done it, roll on the Terrible Night table.2) You've over done it, roll on the Terrible Night table.
3) You've over done it, roll on the Terrible Night table.
4) You've ended up partying in an underground chamber filled with a massive ornate pool. This chamber is within a cliffside mansion. Your pretty sure you can see an opening at the bottom of the pool and your also pretty sure you can't remember the way out of the mansion.
5) You spent the night ingesting a variety of substances with a group jungle dwarfs. They take you to an overgrown section of Zundrulf where they allow you to take part in some of their religious rituals. You have gained new insight into the nature of the Jungle.
6) You've been drinking heavily with a rowdy bunch of traditionalist dwarfs. The talk turns bitter as they discuss their plight. They become agitated and angry at the "foreigners" who have come to Zundrulf to laugh at their misfortune and steal their ancestral treasure. They don't seem to be angry at you, because you've been buying them whiskey all night. Suddenly you find yourself in a dwarven posse prowling the streets looking to lynch the first non-dwarf they see...
7) You were roaring drunk last night and remember stomping randomly through Zundrulf's ruins. Your memory is hazy, but your quite certain you saw something terrible...you have flashes of seeing a dwarf laying in the ruins his body composed of writhing vines and his beard made of leaves. It might have just been something you smoked though.
8) You wake up and your body is searing in pain. You remember having a great time at the tavern, meeting a comely dwarf wench (with only a faint hint of a beard) and leaving together. While wandering the ruins looking for a private nook or crevice for a quick tumble, you saw a blinding light directly above you. You remember nothing more than the image of vague humanoid silhouettes standing over you.
9) You spent the night partying with jungle dwarfs. They took you to a particular set of ruins where there was some oddly meaty or otherwise scintillating plants. The plants did SOMETHING to you but you were too high to remember. You can remember where they were growing though.
10) You got to drinking with some human travelers. They came to the Valley to plunder it for all it's worth and watch the slow descent of Dwarven civilization. You and them decided to to traverse Zundrulf's ruins. There you all encountered an uppity dwarf who claimed humans shouldn't be in that particular part of the city. Harsh words were exchanged, which turned to blows. Your human "friends" murdered an innocent dwarf. They dispose of the body in the river and gave you 500 gold to keep your mouth shut.
11) You got to chatting with an elderly traditionalist dwarf who told you he's been doing a tremendous amount of research on the Jungle. You bought him enough drinks that he invited you back to his stone dwelling to look over his work. He provides you with "facts" about any aspect of the jungle that interests you.
12) Stumbling from wherever you were drinking back home to wherever you are staying, you catch sight of a bright light above the city and then flash up into the sky. You stumble quickly to investigate the area you saw it leave . Tripping into a ruin you find 3 jungle dwarfs, levitating in prisms of what appears to be glass. You tap on the glass prisms and the dwarfs are released, coughing and spluttering. They thank you for releasing them, but they have no idea whats happened to them. They give you 200 gold for your kind act.
13) While drinking at the tavern a friendly group of traditionalist dwarfs offer you a meal of jelly fish. It's delicious! You want more! You need more! The dwarfs notice your enthusiasm and give you directions to the lake they got the jelly fish from. They also offer to pay you gold if you supply them with more.
14) You spend the night drinking with dark cloaked humans. They have curious masks hanging at their sides and they clink when they move. After buying enough drinks for them to loosen them up they inquire if you may be interested in you working for them...
15) Drinking with some traditionalist dwarfs they get to talking about jungle dwarfs. They tell you it revolts them the way they have abandoned the worship of their ancestors. In fact, their in the mood to go out to the tree filled ruins of town and break up up whatever weird religious rituals they are doing and they are happy for you to join them...
16) A traditionalist dwarf starts sobbing after a few drinks. He is upset that he will never be able to get back to his family crypt and recover the heirlooms there. You convince him that you might be up to the task and he gives you a map to its general whereabouts.
17) The group of traditionalist dwarfs you're drinking with starts grumbling about how crazy they jungle dwarfs are. They decide their going to head down to their part of town, with a barrel of whiskey and have a party with them. Hilarity ensues.
18) You've spent most of the night drinking with some humans who seem generally revolted at all of the Dwarfs. A rather vicious looking group of Jungle Dwarfs has just overheard the conversation...
19) It feels so good to be alive, roll on the Euphoric Night Table.20) It feels so good to be alive, roll on the Euphoric Night Table.
1) Your over indulgences in certain psychedelics, coupled with the spirit guidance of a group of jungle dwarfs, has alerted your existence to a great and horrible cosmic being. It has taken an active interest in your life and loves nothing more than the inducing and witnessing the utter misery of mortals.
2) You spent the night smoking some sort of moss in the trees with jungle dwarfs. There was so much of the stuff you were literally sitting on it! Unfortunately there seems to be a clump of the moss now growing from your rib cage. This clump will grow into fully formed and operational vine/tentacle in d10 weeks. It will be hard to remove from your body as it has hooked onto and grown internally over your ribcage. The vine/tentacle will mostly do whatever it wants but over time you may tame it.
3) You got drunk and released a bunch of caged monsters brought by traveling humans. There was a number of deaths after the release and a number of witnesses saw you opening the cage. You are outlawed from Zundrulf at pain of death.
4) You went to some weird and terrible jungle dwarf cave rave. Your not sure how or why but you now have a sapling growing out of the top of your head. Your quite certain its little woody roots are probing into your brain.You probably only have d10 months to live.
5) You are way too gullible when you are drunk. You got scammed out of a 1000 gold by some shady humans at some point in the night. If you don't have that much they took your left hand instead.
6) A group of jungle dwarfs begrudgingly let you come along to a secretive party just outside of Zundrulf. Their jungle potion was too strong for you though and consequently completely ruined the vibe of the evening. The jungle dwarfs have cursed you, all horrors in the jungle (anything that has an abundance of vines, leaves, feathers, beaks etc) will automatically attack you and get a +2 attack bonus against you.
7) A rabble of traditionalist dwarfs got furious at your drunken antics and demanded all your gold as a payment for coming to the jungle. Hand it over or deal with their wrath.
8) You had a wild night with some jungle dwarfs but awake in the night with an itching on your leg. You spend the next 3 hours writhing in pain. Vines, leaves and spores explode from your legs and you pass out. In the morning you awake to see your legs replaced by hundreds of vines. After a few attempts you find that they support your weight and you can move as per normal. Unfortunately you are now a hideous freak, -4 to charisma and if people see what your legs have become they will chase you out of town or instantly want to kill you.
9) One boast led to another and in your attempt to convince a bunch of traditionalist dwarfs you loved Jewels more than them you ripped out your own eyeball and replaced it with a Ruby. You have -2 to Dex, but the look is appealing (+1 to Cha).
10) You drunk too deep from the well of jungle dwarf knowledge. Whatever combination of potions, tinctures, meditation and smoke they gave you allowed you to literally look past reality. Your mind imploded in on itself and your sense of self has almost completely eroded. You will not be recovering from this and the way you look at the world has altered dramatically. You have lost -5 Int and Dex and gained +4 Wis and a sense of complete cosmic insignificance has destroyed your drive for adventure.
1) One minute you were drinking from a melon with some jungle dwarfs, next you were riding on the back of a giant lizard. You are the proud new owner of a ride-able feathered lizard.
2) In a dream filled stupor induced by jungle dwarf cocktails, you were visited by the image of a massive burning ball of light. You awake with your stomach blackened and shriveled but curiously you no longer require to eat food. How odd.
3) After spending the night in the company of jungle dwarfs you stumbled through the ruins and bumped your shin on a perfectly smooth, shiny and metallic spherical pod hidden by vines and rubble. The pod opened easily and looked to be the perfect size and shape for you to sleep in, which you did. After some experimenting you work out the pod can be decreased in size to be held in your pack, and that it appears to camouflage itself when occupied by some one sleeping.
4) You spent the entire night smoking and drinking with jungle dwarfs, and they allowed you to participate in certain secretive rituals. You were taken deep into the jungle and submersed in a bubbling green pool. You awoke with your body covered in flesh thick scales, giving you a +2 base AC bonus, but you look revolting (-1 to Cha).
5) You charm a group of dwarfs with your generous drink shouting. One of them drunkenly gifts you with a plain silver bracelet with a singular red gem. He claims that it has special powers but he can't work out how to use it. The bracelet will send out a thin beam of energy destroying 1 Organic, but non ambulatory thing a day (as in a tree, rock etc.)
6) You passed out somewhere deep and dark. You wake with what appears to be the mouth of a lamprey fish on your chest. It's about the size of your fist. Once the initial horror resides, you begin to expirment with it and find that it will eat anything you put into the mouth. This matter will then end up in your stomach. Curiously the mouth seems to be able to digest a much wider range of matter than you. As you groggily get up you notice some barracuda men staring at you in fishy awe (Barracuda Men will no longer attack you unless necessary).
7) Drinking uproariously with traditionalist dwarfs, you manage to incite them into a religious zeal. They seem convinced your here to rid their valley of the jungle. These d10 dwarfs have just metastasized into a cult with you as their leader.
8) A group of humans, who seem as savvy as they are shady and shadowy give you a a bracelet with a black diamond set within it. You may ask the diamond any question once per day. The diamond has extraordinary knowledge of the world at large.
9) You spent the night exploring the pyschaverse with some very relaxed Jungle dwarfs. Things got vague, but they took you some where, very deep and very pretty. Your arms are now sprouting the most lovely flowers you have ever seen. They look very pleasing and they calm the people around you (+1 to charisma) and curiously you no longer have the need to sleep!
10) Over generous jungle dwarfs give you d10 potions and tinctures of various types.