Wednesday 17 October 2018

Automated Dungeon Room Generator.

Bruce Pennington


Click the button to get a stocked room with details on purpose, decorations, foes, traps, devices and treasure.

Use this table to generate a map for you dungeon rooms:



Tips:

  • Use redundant entries (such as foe or treasure information when there is no foe or treasure present as additional decoration inspiration!)
  • Use this to get a map for you to stock: https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/dungeon/


(This dungeon room generator is based on several d100 tables re-purposed from recent blog posts. I was using those tables to stock rooms and hexes and thought I should group them together in a more formal tool. According to my calculations there is 400 billion different rooms in there. The automation is all thanks to https://www.lastgaspgrimoire.com/generators/choose-your-own-generator/ which is very easy to use and you should make your own!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I love the content (it's one of my favorite things, really) but this button makes a popup that you can't copy and paste from. It's not very useful. I'd recommend putting this information in Chartopia or in Angus Warman's generator instead.

    http://meanderingbanter.blogspot.com/2018/10/automatic-list-to-html-translator-v2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I've been thinking about this, and having the ability to copy and paste really is a necessity. Also, I think I will break down the generator so there is a button for each type of result rather than one big chunk of text. I shall get around to fixing it at some point.

      Delete