Saturday 17 June 2017

Catacombs of the Invigorating Dirge (1 Page Dungeon)

"Sublime tune has been nightly wafting from the cliffside catacombs for endless moons. Local populace wracked with trepidation and foreboding. Whispered reports of floating bones and from-far neer-do-wells tamping through homes of dead during slumbering hours."



Access full resolution document here:


A 1 page dungeon tuned for TBH but usable in any game methinks. Take a party of adventurers to chat to "Barg the Man Driver".

I used the methodology outlined here  to create this 1 page dungeon. I've been doing a bit of mucking about with "layout" recently and I just wanted to try out a couple of things and this is the result. I tried to keep the text as sparse but evocative as possible. Might do some more of these in the future!

Update: This dungeon has been translated into Italian! Get it here: https://jack-asshole.itch.io/le-catacombe-del-lamento-funebre


7 comments:

  1. Hi Micheal, I'm Jack, currently working for MS Edizioni the Italian publisher for TBH, and I recently run The Catacombs of Envigoreting Dirge (heavily modified to be honest) at a convention, and it was a great success, so I'd like to publish it on my Itch profile https://jack-asshole.itch.io/ (with all credits due). Is it all right for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jack, that sounds great! Just link things back to my blog some how. Glad to hear the catacombs went well for the game!

      Delete
  2. I almost forgot... is it ok for you if the Italian version of the file should be pay what you want with the income going to the local antifascist action?

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://jack-asshole.itch.io/le-catacombe-del-lamento-funebre
    this the itch link to the game, if you want to add to blog.
    Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! I have updated the blog post and shared the Italian version on Twitter. Thanks for reaching out!

      Delete